[TowerTalk] Full Sized 40M Yagi Sources

David L. Thompson thompson@mindspring.com
Tue, 25 Nov 1997 13:35:22 -0500 (EST)

At 09:57 AM 11/25/97 -0700, "Larry R. Babb" <babblarr@cwis.isu.edu> wrote:
>I would like to remind everyone that HyGain has a 40 meter beam as
>well.  The newer Discoverer series is redisgned and is a good
>performer.  I had intended to build a 40 meter beam, based on the
>computer aided designs that are in the ARRL Antenna Handbooks, but when
>I realized the length of the full sized elements, I replaced my older
>HyGain 402BAS with the newer designed Discoverer 7-2.  It is
>significantly different than the older version, and I have been very
>happy with it.  They also offer the third element to make it a 3 element
>40 meter beam.

Larry,

But they are linear loaded so not full size beams.  Bill, W4AN, is looking
for a full size beam....where is Telrex when you need them?????  There might
be a few of their old full size beams around.  I saw a post of their big 10,
15, and 20 beams just last week...10 el 10, 8 el 15, 6 el 20.  N4RJ had the
3el 40 on the short boom a few years ago.

Dave K4JRB