[TowerTalk] Correct downward pressure on Rotor?

Kenneth Mathews wd4cqe@multipro.com
Sat, 29 Nov 97 20:48:24 PST

Hello All,
I have a question about the amount of downward pressure that a rotor
should have on it. I have heard before that you do want some pressure
on the bigger rotors? Is this true?
I have a tailtwister 2 and at present it has no pressure on it, the weight
is at the bearing plate. It has jammed once and I know the bearing
worked well at installation. Could this have jammed due to no pressure
on the rotor?. It has 12 feet above the plate and 8 feet below the plate.
All ideas are welcome. Thank you all in advance. The many ideas
shared here on this reflector has helped me many times over.
73
Ken
WD4CQE