[TowerTalk] High Isolation Reversing Switch

John Brosnahan broz@csn.net
Wed, 1 Oct 1997 21:05:10 -0600 (MDT)

Station building continues and I am in need of a reversing
switch that swaps two antennas between two rigs.  Obviously
high isolation is important and it is possible to do this with
four SPDT relays.  I am intrigued by the Top Ten Devices
reversing switch made from two of their A/B switches that
incorporates a positive lockout feature, for which they claim
that it uses an "ingenious circuit".

I would just buy their switches and do this except that I
have some vacuum relays that I want to use in this application
so I would rather build than buy.  Does anyone know the
exact circuit diagram for the Top Ten Devices A/B Selector
switch, including the lockout feature that makes it so "ingenious"
or should I just buy one and reverse engineer it with my vacuum
relays?

Thanks for any feedback--I am sure the Top Ten Devices units
are FB, but I really want to use my vacuum relays in this
application.

73  John  W0UN