[TowerTalk] 300 Ohm Feedline Connectors?

Darryl J. Kelly kk5ib@insolwwb.net
Mon, 6 Oct 1997 15:50:24 -0700

I need some ideas for connecting a 300 ohm twinlead feedline
to a center fed doublet. I need something light and durable as
the antenna, in inverted vee position, is not directly supported
by the connector, but by an insulator about 10' from center. I am
currently using a dog bone insulator with a solid #12 wire on
each side for the electrical connection, and a nylon tie around
the insulator with the twinlead taped to it for mechanical support
and strain relief. Any other ideas, preferably simple and
homebrew? Thanks.
73,
Darryl, KK5IB
kk5ib@insolwwb.net