[TowerTalk] Antenna modeling - AO 6.5 or Elnec? - info needed

wx0b@arraysolutions.com wx0b@arraysolutions.com
Mon, 06 Oct 1997 18:38:37 -0500

I used to use MiniNec from Brian and it was a pain with the key. I lost it
a couple of times, but Brian was able to recover it for me when it
happened.  But about 2 years ago I bought the 3 pack he now sells AO, YO
and NECwires, they do not have the software key.  They work very well.  And
the documentation is very good.  I have not had to call Brian for any
question, and I have modelled some pretty hairy antennas.  The use of
variables makes complex relations very easy, and AO's optimizer is super.
But I think Brian would help with specific questions if one called him or
emailed him.

I have not tried EZNEC or NEC for Windows.  But I know others who have and
like them as well.  I believe all of these programs will resolve to
approximately the same solutions and specifications, and they all have the
same limitations.

Jay, WX0B

| ARRAY SOLUTIONS | Jay Terleski email: wx0b@arraysolutions.com |
|    WX0B         |              http://www.arraysolutions.com  |