[TowerTalk] Field Strength Meter

Bowen, Arlan abowen@nettally.com
Fri, 10 Oct 1997 09:29:20 -0400

I am considering the purchase of a FS meter to make comparative measurements
on low band antennas using elevated radials vs ground radials, Beverage null
adjustment and Beverage transformer performance.

I have information on the Palomar, PFS 1, which provides tuned circuits, a
step attenuator and amplification for low level signals. It appears adequate
for amateur type work. Price range is ~ $200.

1. Does anyone have experience with this device?

2. Are there any other modestly priced models that I should consider?

INK  N4OO    abowen@nettally.com