[Fwd: [TowerTalk] Beam in the Big Wind!]

Floyd Soo, W8RO hires@rust.net
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 03:02:30 -0700

--------------3B1B30D75B88

I have been told the same thing in years past.  Another point that was
brought up was that when the boom was across the wind, it not only
presented a larger surface area, it allowed the individual elements to
whipped up and down more.  This up and down motion added additonal
torsional stress to the boom.  I have no scientific proof of these
opinions, though!  I have always tried to point my yagis into a good
blow, and so far, so good!
--
Floyd Soo, W8RO
President, HI-RES Communications, Inc.