[TowerTalk] MAST

Stan Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 19:32:05 -0700 (PDT)

>  It is t6061 3/8 wall mast, its made it two years so far
>without a hint of a failure. I guess thats why Im not an engineer.
>  Ken

Ken,

Your first hint will be a disastor.  Many guys here have "been there and
done that" and learned the hard way.  You may think two years is a long
success record.  I don't.  My masts have been place since 1973.  They are
steel and not loaded as heavy as yours.  Put my name on the list of guys who
think your mast is a disastor waiting to happen . . .  It just is NOT worth
the risk, believe me.  Get a good mast from K5RC and swap out the aluminum.

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com