[TowerTalk] Re: Heading off an antenna restriction?

Pete Smith n4zr@contesting.com
Thu, 16 Oct 1997 10:38:50

At 07:52 AM 10/14/97 -0500, John Langdon wrote:

>Double double check about the permit for the tower structure.  The
>insurance company may not pay if there is a claim and no permit was
>obtained for the structure.  In one of our local suburbs, the city attorney
>wrote a letter saying that amateur radio antennas were EXEMPT from the
>local zoning ordinances that limit all structures to 30' or less - but said
>specifically that a building permit must be obtained.

Good advice.  I haven't tested my liability insurance (Praise be!) but
that's exactly what the planning commission here said.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"