[TowerTalk] FEEDING 40 METER EXTENDED DOUBLE ZEPP AS 160 VERTICAL

Larry G Schimelpfenig k7sv@juno.com
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 22:56:41 EDT

I trust you'll forgive the bandwidth. One of the LU guys asked about how
I was feeding the 40 meter zipp as a vertical on top band. I was trying
to work the FH on 80 as I responded. When the FH called me I was so
shocked I managed to delete my response and his question.

So LW2 ???, I'm simply running RG58 from the rig to the L Network. The
radials actually come under the window and connect to the ground end of
the network. Both conductors of the ladder line connect to the other end
of the L Network. I'm using no balun or ferrite beads on the coax. No
problem with RF in the shack.

73 de Larry K7SV