[TowerTalk] Leveling a tower

Jerry K. Liley k0gug@juno.com
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 10:05:53 -0500

Congratulations Steve Maki,  K8LX  .......!!     Me too!    I use a four
foot level and get the first section plumb as the concrete is being
poured.    I brace the first section  (combined with the concrete
section)  with three guys and check each leg MANY - MANY   times.
After that the rest of the tower is easy to plumb by sighting up each leg
from the base.      Of course,   there is nothing wrong with all of this
 ""FANCY""   checking but,   in my experience,    it is just not
necessary.

73,  Jerry Liley,  K0GUG,  Holts Summit,  Missouri