[TowerTalk] 9913F Coax Specs

LEEWICAL@aol.com LEEWICAL@aol.com
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 20:17:30 -0400 (EDT)

      I am sorry I cannot remember which reflector where I first read about
the newest flexible  BELDEN coax. So I had more questions so I contacted
their marketing engineers and obtained more specs which, if I may, share with
you. BTW I don't have shares of stock in BELDEN!
Quote:
I. Description:
 It is a new flexible low-loss RG-8/U type 50 ohm transmission cable.

II. Electrical Characteristics:
Nom. Impedance:                         50 ohms
Nom. Inductance:                        .059 Micro-H/ft
Nom. Capacitance
    CONDUCTOR TO SHIELD        24.6 PF/FT
Nom. Velocity fo Propagation        84%  (0.84)
Nom. Delay:                                1.24 ns/ft
Nom. Conductor DC resistance
   @ 20Deg. C:                             1.0 ohm/1000 ft.
Nom. Shield DC resistance            1.8 ohm/1000 ft.
Max Operating Voltage:                 600VRMS (NON-UL)
Nom. Attenuation:
      MHz               db/100 ft.
           1                     .2
         10                     .6
          50                   1.1
        100                   1.5
        200                   2.0
        400                   2.8
        700                   3.9
        900                   4.4
       1000                  4.8
       4000                 11.0

Max Operating Freq:   8GHz
III. Physical Characteristics

Temp Rating/Range:        -40 to +80 Deg C
Min. Bending Radius:        4-inches
Max. Pulling Tension:      210 lbs.
Nom. Weight/1,000 ft      104 lbs.
Conductor Material & Dia. 10AWG (19x23) Bare Copper
                                       .108" nom.
Insulation Material & Dia.  Foam High Density PE
                                       .285" Nom.
Shield Type & % coverage 1st layer- duobone II
                                        100%
                                        2nd layer-tinned copper
                                         braid 90%
Jacket Material & Dia.        Belflex (tm) (Black)
                                        .405" Nom.

IV. Use: Suitable for indoor, outdoor and aerial applications. Unquote......

     Hope this data on  the new flexable, low-loss BELDEN 9913F finds its way
into your data banks and antenna, transmission data files.........GL  Lee
KH6BZF