[TowerTalk] Changing 105BA to CA

Charles H. Harpole harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 23:59:27 -0400 (EDT)

Today I changed HyGain 105BA to 105CA.  No new parts required.  Mucho
changes in both place on the boom and element length.  Basically, the CA
has the driven and first director more toward the back of the antenna,
leaving more room for the mast and stretching out the second and third
directors far out toward the other end of the boom (front of it).

Being in FL and not really needing much F/B, I adjusted it for max.
forward gain and did not worry about shortening the bandwidth a little.
It centers on 28.4 plus or minus.  HyGain gives you many possible
combinations of adjustments (for FM top end, etc.).  I put on the BN-4000
balun.  Now computer modeled, instuctions for CA say.

There IS a mod kit for 205BA to 205CA and that is next on my assembly
list.  Tubes and boom are already laid out in my front yard.  More on it
whenever.  de K4VUD