[TowerTalk] TIC Problem: Followup

Billy W. Cox Jr. aa4nu@ix.netcom.com
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 23:51:34 -0700

First, TU to the many who made some very
very good suggestions as to "what's wrong"
to my recent post regarding the TIC problem.

Everyone tended to point to the "pot" out
at the ring, for future reference to others
that encounter the same symptoms there.

When I made the original post, I had
just returned from an extensive travel
schedule and 'plopped down' in front of
the station for some R&R. It had RAINED
the day or so previous here in Tennessee.
When I tried to use the unit, the BUZZ
and strange actions were noted that evening.

The next early morning before I left on
another trip I noted that the TIC was now
BUZZING in one direction only ... Aha ...

Back to a busy work schedule of travel
and no time for important (radio) things !

This weekend I had time to 'plop' back
in front of the rig, and the same TIC now
appears to be working FB, "for now".

CONCLUSION:
1. It sure appears to be "moisture related",
   so I need to go "up there" and look at
   some better WXing quickly before it really
   gets wet and cold in Tennessee. And go
   ahead and fix the other TIC that to date
   has showed no problems NOW.

2. There's a TON of FB folks on here willing
   to help each other out ! Thanks !!!

Have a FB week, and an even BETTER CQ WW weekend !!!
--
73/bc/NU Billy AA4NU  aa4nu@ix.netcom.com