[TowerTalk] new tower

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 09:20:30 -0800

At 3:03 AM -0800 10/21/97, Michael McLaughlin wrote:

>base poured last friday.the concrete contactor made a mistake here and
>instead of getting 4000 lb mix I got the 6 sack 7000lb mix

I think this might have come up a few months ago, but I don't recall anyone
having a definitive answer.  Can anyone come up with a way to calculate
thousands-of-pounds-per-sack-of-concrete?

If 6-sack mix is a 7000 pound mix, is it a linear function for the other
combinations or are there other variables involved?  Does the
sand/aggregate affect the result?  I've asked local folks here who should
know, but received different answers, so I am turning to the ultimate brain
trust:  what say the towertalkians?!

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/