[TowerTalk] Smaller Towers on City Lots

Jay O'Brien w6go@quiknet.com
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:54:37 -0700

On the subject of towers on rectangular lots:

You can get guying distance for taller towers by using four-way guying
rather than three-way guying.  Guy to the property line on the "long
sides" of the rectangle and put the tower half-way between the long
sides.  Use whatever angle is convenient between the guys, just don't
exceed 120 degrees between any two guy wires.  In some cases you can get
safe guying for a LOT taller tower just by adding one guy wire.

At my previous QTH I had a 100' Rohn 25 safely guyed on a lot that was
only 66 feet wide.

Jay O'Brien
w6go@quiknet.com