[TowerTalk] Smaller Towers on City Lots

J.P. Kleinhaus w2xx@cloud9.net
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 11:34:49 -0400

> Your relationship to local zoning with respect to where guy wires (we're
> not talking towers here, just the guy wires) may go is different.  It is
> highly unlikely that a rule on guy wires is in the zoning code.  Be nice
> to the zoning enforcement officer.  Tell him it's like fencing, and need
> not be limited to the "building envelope."

My situation with relation to guying is this:

The setbacks for inground guy anchors are the same as for any other
building structure--6 feet off the side or rear yards.  The fact that
the anchor is sub-surface seems to have no bearing on the setback
requirement.  I have one anchor set 8 feet off the side line, the
rest are well off the line.  They required a survey to be done
to show that, indeed, the proposed location of the guy anchor was
far enough away from the line.

73, J.P. W2XX
J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."