[TowerTalk] New Stuff for 98

Craig Clark nx1g@top.monad.net
Thu, 30 Oct 1997 08:18:27 -0500

         Hope everyone is ready for the contest season....I'm not!

         Good luck and knock-em dead!

         Here's a new book you'll be interested in.

         DX'ING ON THE EDGE, The Thrill of 160 Meters
         by (one of our own)Jeff Briggs K1ZM.  Includes audio CD
         Special Pre Publication Price
         Save $5 off the retail price. Offer expires November 11.
         We expect to receive stock by mid November

         Great Holiday Gift idea................

This exciting new book chronicles the history of 160 from the early '30's
until modern times. Much of topband history revolves around our old friend
W1BB, Stew Perry (sk.) Stew is credited by many of us for getting us
interested in the band with his letters and wonderful yearly newsletters. He
also helped keep 160 available for amateur use especially during Post WWII
years when Loran A threatened to take over the whole band.

Chapters 1-8 contain a comprehensive and detailed narrative history of
topband operation. Chapter 10 covers interesting anecdotes from prominent
160 meter operators from around the world and gives you a unique "insiders'
view. Chapters 11-13 cover antennas and operating techniques successful 160
operators use. Jeff tells you how to design antennas that will not only let
you get out with a potent signal, he also gives you hints and tips on how to
hear....the real secret of a successful 160 meter station. You can work 160
meter DX from a city lot....but...you need to know how to do it and Jeff
tells you in simple terms.  Chapter 14 looks at the future and what it may
bring in new technical developments and operating achievements. Finally,
Chapter 15 includes a photographic essay of famous 160 meter faces and
stations from around the world.

As a bonus, Jeff has put together an audio CD that is full of exotic and
exciting QSO's made from a number of prominent stations. (I remember one
tape Jeff made of a bunch of us calling him while he was at ZL3GQ in New
Zealand. We were all fairly good copy. Then, a well known W8 "lit" his amp
off and......WOW....what a signal he had! That was exciting.

This is not a "techies" book. Beginners and experts alike will find plenty
of helpful hints and tips on how to make your station perform.

Price is $29.95 Pre-publication SPECIAL is $25 plus $4.50 shipping and
handling via book rate mail (US only.)

Foreign shipping is $6.50 via surface mail.

Remember, this offer expires November 11. Orders accepted via phone, fax, email
VISA, Mastercard and Amex. Shipping will begin as soon as stock is received
(estimated mid November 1997.)

73 Craig

			www.radiobooks.com

			Craig Clark, W1JCC
	            ex NX1G, N1ACH, WA1QWW, WN1IGG

	send me e-mail and I'll put you on our mailing list

			Radio Bookstore
	Books for Amateur Radio, SWL and CB Radio Operators
			(603) 899 6957
			(603) 899 6826 fax
			PO Box 209
			Rindge, NH 03461