[TowerTalk] Grounding Question

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:00:04 -0800

At 9:44 AM -0800 10/31/97, Steve Runyon WQ5G  512-838-7008 wrote:
>I am about to turn in specs for the room, and want to include grounding.
>What should we use for a shack RF ground - is a ground rod driven into the
>concrete sufficient? It is probably 50 or 75 feet from the shack to the
>outside of the building, so I am afraid that a ground rod outside the
>bldg would not be very effective at HF.

You have lots of things to consider here and I will leave most of it to the
experts here on the reflector, but I can add one idea.  =IF= that big
concrete slab floor has a rebar grid in or under it, bond to that grid with
some copper strap for your single-point ground.  A big rebarred concrete
slab would make a lovely Ufer ground system.

Good luck with your installation.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/w7di/