[TowerTalk] Re: antenna questions

Bob Bergman bbergman@frii.com
Tue, 02 Sep 1997 21:35:53 -0600

Michael Bill wrote:

> Hi Bob:
>
> Good idea to be asking these questions, and you have come to the right place
> to do just that!!
>
> I will let others answer most of them... but your two antennas... the c4xl
> and the 520... are they both 20m antennas?.. if so, I am sure you know there
> will be interation with them being that close apart... unless the /d on the
> C4XL means 'delete"... I have a c4 and c4s is why I am asking..

The /d is the 100MPH version of the C4XL.

The C4XL has elements for 40, 20, 15 and 10mtrs but I would like
something with much more gain on 20.  This is why I am looking at the
520 - 5 elements on 20 mtrs.

These are the types of questions that I want to address and what can I
do to minimize any problems?

> 73 de mike n7mb
>
> btw... Steve K7XLC has an inexpensive program that will tell you if your
> mastpipe is strong enough.. he runs this reflector..

Tnx  K0FR  Bob