[TowerTalk] PSE info on DSP filters

Chuck Lewis, N4NM clewis@ro.com
Wed, 03 Sep 1997 11:53:16 +0100

Luiz,

I have been impressed with K6STI's Soundblaster DSP. It may well have
the most sophisticated DSP algorithms af all the available approaches.
He uses a Soundblaster soundcard responding to his machine language code
which runs as a module in your computer. So if you already have a
Soundblaster card, all you need is his software and a couple of audio
cables. On CW, it's awesome. Has all the normal SSB and CW bells and
whistles, and many extras the others don't have. I can run it as a
'terminate and stay resident' task while having a logging program in the
foreground. He has demonstration versions available with pretty much
full functionality but limited time. He can download the demo to you
easily. If you're familiar with his antenna modelling software, you will
understand the level of sophistication and professional quality to
expect with this as well. His ads run in QST and CQ. He may have some
overseas rep., but I'm not sure. Getting a demo is an easy way to try
the DSP capabilities.

73,
Chuck, N4NM