[TowerTalk] Re: Seventh Annual W5 DX BASH Oct 3-4-5

jerry schnor jerrylee@fusion.stockton.net
Tue, 09 Sep 1997 05:38:52 -0700

bryan edwards wrote:

>         The seventh annual W5 DX BASH will be held on October
> 3-4-5, 1997 at Lake Buchanan near Austin, Texas.  This is a very
> informal, relaxed, get together for all DX'ers, contesters, antenna nuts,
> VHF contesters, big guns and little pistols. All are invited.
>
>         Great programs on new antenna designs, new equipment reviews
> and demonstrations, and a great time of fun with hams with similar
> interests.
> Yaesu will be providing a number of new radios for "on the air"
> demonstrations
> including the FT-1000D, FT-1000MP, FT-920, and possibly even some new
> "first time" seen pieces of equipment.
>
>         This is a great time for all the YLs and XYLs also, bring them along.
> They have a great time also.
>
>         On Sunday Oct 5 we have reserved and chartered a 200 passenger
> cruise boat to take a trip up the lake and into the canyons of the Colorado
> River.  This is truly a unique trip into a real wilderness area and the
> home of
> the American Bald Eagle.   Price for the cruise is only $15.
>
>         Full details on the entire BASH weekend are on the BASH webpage
> for inspection at
>
>                 www.dxer.org/w5bash.html
>
> If you have questions contact Bryan W5KFT via email at w5kft@nts-online.net
> Alternative address is bryan@prodistributors.com
>
>         Come join us for a great weekend of fun and relaxation.  Registration is
> $25 per person which covers dinner on Friday nite, continental breakfast
> on Saturday and Sunday mornings, and lunch on Saturday.  The DX dinner
> on Saturday nite is $8, pay at the door.
>
> See you at the BASH
> ------
HEY WHAT GIVES THAT IS ALSO THE WEEKEND RESERVED FOR THE CALIFORNIA QSO
PARTY PUT ON BY THE NORTHERN CALIFORNIA CONTEST CLUB. BE SURE YOU WORK
US ALL FIRST. WE WILL HAVE EVERY COUNTRY IN THE STATE ON THE AIR.  I
WILL BE IN TRINITY COUNTY AS FAR AS I KNOW NOW.  JERRY N6IFW.