[TowerTalk] Force 12 Magnum 415/410

force12@interserv.com force12@interserv.com
Tue, 9 Sep 1997 16:57:39 -0700 (PDT)

Good afternoon.......

Yes, I know if it has a truss cable!

It does.

All the booms are self sustaining, which means they do not need a truss
support to exceed the wind rating.

We add a truss cable for most booms 24' and longer. This enables the boom to
look nice (no droop), also adds more strength for heavy icing and a bit of
stability for winds. Depending upon the installation, we can add down guys
for hilltops and other variants.

The MAGNUM 514/410 is a 30' boom dual monobander with 4el on 15 and 4el on
10. Consequently, it will have a truss. The attachment is approximately 30"
above the boom.

A couple 24' boom designs (i.e. the 4BA for 17-15-12-10) are anticipated to
be mounted at the top of the mast. These booms are specifically designed for
no truss.

Thanks for the inquiry.

Have a good day and 73,
			Tom, N6BT