[TowerTalk] Questions

Bill Jackson k9rz@probe.net
Mon, 15 Sep 97 01:58:44 -0000 (UTC)

While waiting for the concrete to set and the gin pole to arrive, I have some questions for the group:

1.  What is the best method to cut Phillystran guy cable?

2.  Is there anything required at a junction of Phillystran guy cable and conventional EHS guy wire other than 2 appropriately sized thimbles interconnected with each other? Is it necesary to use a pair of shackles along with the thimbles?

3.  Is it necessary to use 3 cable pullers (come-alongs), one on each guy wire, when initially tensioning the guy cables prior to threading them through the turnsbuckles?  Or is there a method to do this just using one cable puller?  I don't like to use cheap tools, so buying 3 quality cable pullers along with the associated cable grips might get a little expensive.

Thanks in advance for the info.

73 de Bill
K9RZ