[TowerTalk] Hygain Rotor Mounting

K7LXC@aol.com K7LXC@aol.com
Mon, 15 Sep 1997 10:12:37 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 97-09-15 01:17:48 EDT, Wells@mail.dec.com (Rick Wells)
writes:

> How do you mount a Ham-xx/TX2 to the rotor plate?  In my case it's in Rohn
45G.
>   The rotor plate is pre-drilled for the 4 bolt holes and has appropriate
> cutout for electrical connection.  Do you just mount the bottom of the
rotor
> on the plate?

      Yes.

>What do you do with the 4x4" plate with permanently mounted 1/
> 2" spacers which is furnished with the rotor?  I have seen installations
> where this plate with spacers is mounted between the rotor and the rotor
> tower plate, but don't know why???

       In the old days, the rotator plate didn't always have the electrical
connection cut-out so you had to stand off the rotator so that the wires
wouldn't short out. Nowadays  just about every plate has the cutout so the
spacer is redundant.

      The spacer is typically sold separately. How did you manage to get one
with the rotator? A used deal? If so, please refurb it or have someone like
Norm or the Rotor Doc to go through it before you install it.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

    TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs