[TowerTalk] Hinge the Base

Robert W5AJ w5robert@blkbox.com
Wed, 17 Sep 1997 23:08:04 -0500

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] AB-105/FRC

My 2 cents:
My 1st tower at it's first location was standard tower party throw part of
a section in concrete for the base but when moved to second location made
a hinge for the base.  I would suspect it was a grade lower than 25G.
50ft.  Tower was assembled from base out and when house was reached
rasied and assembly continued on roof.  This allowed the tower to
be at almost a 30 degree angle before any lifting was done.  Pulled
it up with a TEXAS pickup and with guywires roughly in place.
Check the 20 foot & 30 foot guys with tower up in place during assembly.
Back sets of guys would grab the tower when it was rasied into place,
lock pickup in place jump out and attach 3rd (last) set of guys.  Guyed at
20,30 & 45 feet.  Remember to detach Pickup cable before moving further.
It allowed the tower & rotator & cables to be put up as one man job.  Then
call over buddies to put up the TH6.
--
73 Robert  W5AJ  w5robert@blkbox.com
PS:  requires open field behind the backyard for pickup.