[TowerTalk] WX7M 280' long 20M Yagi

force12@interserv.com force12@interserv.com
Thu, 18 Sep 1997 06:52:56 -0700 (PDT)

Good morning.

Being half of the N6BT/WA6VEF team that operated the multi-multi in the
CQWW CW from Saipan in '83 using three curtain arrays (about a million
dollars worth of "stuff"), I would have to say it was quite impressive.
Actually, the folks who listened to the signal probably have a better
appreciation for the effectiveness of the arrays. One soapbox comment I
remember from a DJ went something like, "AH0C was always 20 over 9." No, we
did not use their 100+KW output amplifiers! Was always interested in
antennas, but this experience was so startling that it provoked me to work
aggressively at understanding more about HF antennas. I still kick myself
for not having a tape recorder to share the difference between the trapped
tribander at the edge of the cliff to the array(s).

Have a good day and 73,
			Tom, N6BT
			Force 12 Antennas and Systems
			(Home Page   http://www.QTH.com/force12 )