[TowerTalk] KA1CLX SSV tower update

Scott Bullock twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com
Tue, 23 Sep 1997 05:31:52 -0400

Hi Robert and all, this won't be a problem-the company that is doing it is
one of my two way customers-they have over 100 trucks. They better give me
good service for the amount of times i've bent over for them! :) Then
again, this is their chance to get me back for all those high repair bills :)

Don't think that that kind of seperation between trucks would be a problem
anyways, unless you had a crew waiting, as long as the base has vertical
reinforcing bars, then the concrete should just cure together. If it was
more than 1/2 a day, then I might start to get concerned. I would rather
see the hole thing get poured in one shot.

I'm getting two different truck loads of mix, the first for the bottom of
the hole will have 4-6" slump, so that it will fill any voids in the walls
of the hole, the second will have a 3" slump so that it will sit inside the
top 6" forms properly without trying to ooze out the other side. This is
what their civil engineer recommended, so i'll go with what he says.

Scott
Still looking for concrete fund donations.