[TowerTalk] Cable break on MARB 550 US Tower

K4OJ@aol.com K4OJ@aol.com
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 00:24:28 -0400 (EDT)

first, off, you did change your underwear!

 - glad you're safe....please be real careful with that tower - lets not add
you to the list of hams unable to participate on towertalk due to an
inability to type!

Years ago when I was a pup I went through a related mishap, the layover winch
on the tower had the center hub weld that held the spool the cable was on
fail as we were putting up a new 20 meter beam..........suddenly instead of
slowl y rising up - it wizzed its way down.....onto the end of the Telrex

...all you can do is stand back watch and cuss (my Mom cried.....heah, she
heard a new country was coming on the air - honor roll is honor roll!)

be safe - it ain't worth it otherwise.

k4oj