[TowerTalk] Tuned Feeders

Fred Hopengarten k1vr@juno.com
Mon, 29 Sep 1997 12:49:17 EDT

From:
Fred Hopengarten  K1VR               617/259-0088
Six Willarch Road
Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
permanent e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu

On Fri, 26 Sep 1997 23:33:53 +0900 Tom Osborne <w7why@mail.coos.or.us>
writes:

>I'm in the midst of putting up an antenna for WARC bands.  I'm making
>130 foot dipole with tuned feeders.  In reading about the feedline it
>stated that the foam 300 ohm solid ribbon is not that good to use
>because when it gets wet the SWR changes.  Is that a problem other
>than
>the fact that I may have to adjust the tuner a bit to get the SWR back
>down?

Been there, done that.  That's the only problem I've ever noticed.  If
you have the time, 450 ohm available from Radio Ware at a reasonable
price.  Also works fine and a little less vulnerable to weather changes
in SWR.  But retuning is not really difficult. -- Fred