[TowerTalk] TV Towers - OK for small VHF antenna(e)

Tom Osborne w7why@mail.coos.or.us
Sun, 05 Apr 1998 19:53:36 +0900

K7LXC wrote:
>      While TV towers have their limitations, you can put a TV antenna
>on them safely. I'd say that an 11 element 2M beam is about the size of
>a TV antenna so I don't see any problem. They'll take a limited amount
>of square feet but that's about it. If carefully installed, they'll even
>accomodate a small tribander.
>
> Cheers,  Steve  K7LXCHi Steve. I had a Radio Shack push-up mast before I got this crank up I
got now. I had a 2 element quad for about 3 years and then a A-3 for a
couple of years before I finally got the tower.  We get winds of way over
70 MPH here in Coos Bay, and never had any problems. It was guyed well,
and right against the house where I could get to the roof and let it down
during storms.  I don't think I would want to put it up where I couldn't
get to it though.  Probably wouldn't last too long :-). 73
Tom W7WHY