[TowerTalk] Astron 35M Power Supply

MALEXANDER@HEALTHDYNE.com MALEXANDER@HEALTHDYNE.com
Tue, 7 Apr 1998 10:53:08 -0400

Gentlemen:

I wonder if any of you have experience with Astron power supplies....I
was tuning up my amp with 100 watts -- drawing about 18 amps DC from an
Astron 35M.  Suddenly the station shut down.  Checked the 8A fuse --
blown.  No problem; popped in another 8A slow-blow and flipped the
switch.  No popping, no nothin' -- supply didn't turn on, but the fuse
was vaporized.  So I took the cover off.  No smoke, no charcoal.
Started to ring it out on the high side -- continuity fine and the
switch is OK.  That's where I left off.  Anybody have any ideas on where
I should look tonight ?

Thanks, guys ---------

73 de KG9DB