[TowerTalk] Tuners

Ragnar Otterstad otterstad@inet.uni2.dk
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 13:08:21 +0200

:
: > In my experience the rotary switch is a weak point in tuners, supposed
: > handle 2-3 KW.
:
: The only requirement is that the RF switches have to exceed the
: absolute breakdown voltage of the capacitors by a reliable safety
: margin. That's true for all the RF switches in the tuner.
very same tuner that will handle 1500 watts when properly
: adjusted (using maximum C that allows matching the load) can fail
: with a hundred watts or less if improperly adjusted (using maximum L
: and miniumum C)!
:

My problems in the past have been related to high currents, which would
dictate a low contact resistance of the wafer switch.   Not all switches
can" take the heat ".

73   Rag  oz8ro