[TowerTalk] Mast wall thickness

Scott Bullock twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com
Sat, 11 Apr 1998 05:34:32 -0400

According to my mast calculator which only does 90 or 100 mph wind
calculations, at 90 mph you need a 68,939.68 psi yield strength mast. I'm
not sure what wind speed your location is. This would have an effect on
what the total strength needed is.
Go for at least 1/4" wall tubing and you shud be all set. If you think you
want to upgrade later, then get chrome moly and that will take much more.
73,
Scott
KA1CLX

<snip>