[TowerTalk] Tower and Array

Charles H. Harpole harpole@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
Sun, 12 Apr 1998 23:58:47 -0400 (EDT)

The use of a snorkle crane or bucket truck is the best way to handle
antennas on towers.  I always use one where I can get one tall enuf.
Work goes so fast and so safe, that once u use one, u will never climb
again.
I always puncture a small hole (phillips screw driver sized) in the lower
part of all antenna end caps to allow some draining of water without
having the whole boom open to whistle inthe wind.  End caps also reduce
the antenna's wind catching area by stopping wild air flow thru the inside
of the boom or elements, but water will collect and should have a way out.
To regular readers, how many times have I posted the message that water
will get into practically anything?
I must be the water incursion man.  de K4VUD