[TowerTalk] Now What?

James D. Bruce brucecom@shore.intercom.net
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 21:29:22 -0400

On installing towers the least expensive way now may not be the least
expensive overall. It may come back to haunt you. Remember, we live in a
litigious society so if for some reason it should fail, and your insurance
company determines that it wasn't properly installed by the book, the costs
for liability will be yours. This could be part of the reason for the
previous discussions on why towers may not be covered on policies, and a
small factor people are writing them into CC&Rs.
BTW mine is 50' Rohn 45 house brkt'd at 20' and concreted pier pin. It has
2m vert &beam, 440 vert & beam and a Hy-Gain TH3MK3.