[TowerTalk] Fwd: your recommendation?

k6ll@juno.com k6ll@juno.com
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 16:53:04 +0100

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998 08:39:56 EDT someone writes:

>Do you think it is worth the extra hassle of putting up these
>monobanders on the tilt-over (when I move) or will it be just about as
>good but with less potential trouble to continue using the TH7?

The Rohn fk2568 tiltover is only good for 100 pounds of dead
weight at the apex. That includes antenna, mast, rotor, etc.,
so you can't really get too carried away with antennas up there,
at least if you plan on using the tiltover capability. Sounds
like the TH-7 is the way to go.

I used to have a close-spaced set of monobanders on 10, 15 and 20.
It turned out that they were degraded because of interaction, and
my contest scores went way up when I switched to a tribander.

By the way, 68' vs 50 feet will buy you two dB of gain at the low
angles on 10, 15, and 20. It will lose you some very useful
high angles on 10 meters. 50' is a good height if you have only
one antenna on 10 meters.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
Yuma, AZ
K6LL@juno.com

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]