[TowerTalk] Advice on Guys for a light duty crankup?

K7LXC K7LXC@aol.com
Fri, 17 Apr 1998 14:27:19 EDT

In a message dated 98-04-17 14:13:19 EDT, frohro@wwc.edu writes:

<< I just acquired a Tri-Ex THD-7122 light duty 122 foot guyed crank up
 tower.  It didn't have any guy wires and so now I'm looking for a good
 way to guy this tower.  It has seven sections and that comes to around
 2000 feet of guy wire.  I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on guys,
 but I'd like something that will work well.  I am a little apprehensive
 about how much of a mess the wires will be when it is cranked down.
 Any experiences or advice would be very much appreciated.   >>

      What does the factory say? Like-wise the manual?

    Some crank-ups are designed for guying but not all. The guywire tension
adds more forces on the crank-up cables and pulleys so it's only recommended
if it's factory approved.

Cheeers,  Steve  K7LXC