[TowerTalk] Best Antenna Wire ?

W5ASP W5ASP@aol.com
Tue, 21 Apr 1998 00:45:40 EDT

I need some suggestions about antenna wire... what I should look for and
where to look for it.

I've been asked to find 800-1000 feet of wire suitable for making any of a
variety of "wire" antennas such as loops, Vees, slopers, etc. for low
band (160-40 M) use. The wire will be used in a location where high
winds and ice are not unusual, so tensile strength is important.
Flexibility is also a factor as trees are the prime means of suspension
and support.

Possibly this has already been disussed and summarized. If so, please
tell me where to look.

Anyone with ideas of what I should look for and where I can find it,
please pass it along to: w5asp@aol.com

Thanks,

Joe, W5ASP