[TowerTalk] Rohn Blue Brochure Base Issues

Dick Flanagan dick@libelle.com
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 10:38:26 -0800

At 4:39 AM -0800 4/25/98, Malcolm Clark wrote:

>K7LXC wrote:
>>
>>         You used the base drawing B870725 which is what the catalog
>>says. The
>> blue brochure for "Bracketed or Self Supporting Towers" refers to a drawing
>> A871298 which I couldn't find anywhere. Did you notice this conflict?
>>
>> 73,  Steve  K7LXC
>
>Whoa, no wonder so many people think a self-supporting tower only
>requires a 2 x 2 x 4 base.  A871298 is the drawing for a BRACKETED tower
>base, and is in my catalog as A871298R1 (rev. #1).  It is printed on the
>back of drawing A871302R1.  This is  serious enough that I am posting
>this to the reflector too.  Glad I didn't pay much attention to the
>brochure.

I'm still looking for Drawing B841300 covering "installation notes and
tolerances."  My catalog is stamped May 1997.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.qsl.net/cvrc/