[TowerTalk] Time/Date Of Postings (even FARTHER off the topic!) & Other Stuff

Larry Burke lburke@wt.net
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:26:17 -0500

At the risk of getting still farther off the topic of towers (hey, we need
to know exactly what TIME to put them up, and how much TIME it will take,
what TIME to drink the beer...)

At least one of these posts has referred to a website that uses Java. Seems
that 90% of the time I try to reach a URL using Java my PC locks up at the
point in the transfer where it says "Starting Java". I'm using a Dell
Dimension 90 (Pentium 90) machine running Netscape Communicator. Anybody out
there have an idea of what might be causing this? I can't even launch the
"Java Console" off-line in Netscape without a lockup. Please respond
directly to my e-mail address if you can help.

On a tower-related topic (I have to vindicate myself!)... sure have
appreciated the info (particularly the archives) on such things as how to
tram, how to lift heavy masts, etc.  I've just poured the base for an 80ft
45G on which I hope to put three monobanders. The mechanics of getting a 20
ft 4130 CrMo mast to the top and tramming an antenna to it would have been
much more mind boggling without the help of everyone on the reflector. At my
speed this will still be a many month project!

Larry WI5A
Friendswood, TX