[TowerTalk] 40-2CD Problems ?

n8ug@juno.com n8ug@juno.com
Mon, 27 Apr 1998 07:16:59 -0500

Hi Kevin,
Any amount of water in  the coax will cause the problem you see and
potentially others as well as the condition worsens. I urge you to
replace the coax immediately before you damage your equipment.
When you do, take the time to record, at a given frequency , date, power
level and temperature, the readings in the shack into a dummy load, and
the readings at the end of the new coax into the same dummy load. This
information will remove the cheapest unknown from your data to consider
years from now when you have the same questions as today, by simply
repeating this simple test.
Although we sell cable, this is not a "pitch" - I'm sure other responses
will echo these remarks.
73,
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales(800)727-WIRE(9473) or cqwire@juno.com.
Tech help (864)895-4195 or n8ug@juno.com
www.thewireman.com
Our 21st year!

On Sun, 26 Apr 1998 23:51:12 -0700 VE3KKM <kmccourt@Quetico.tbaytel.net>
writes:
>Hello to all,
>I have installed my 40-2cd at a new height of 56`from 48`. I do not
>hear
>stations quite as well as before.I have used beads on the feed
>line,the
>swr is 1.5-1 thats as low as it will go.The one thing I have noticed
>today is my coax my be shagged,it appears that at one time,water has
>entered the coax.This my sound like a dumb question but,,
>Could this be causing my receiving problem ?
>Is this why the swr is 1.5 and not lower ?
>I will replace the coax anyway,but curouis to find out what has
>happened. Thanks,  Kevin
>
>--
>Search:                   http://www.contesting.com/km9p/search

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]