[TowerTalk] Thrust Bearing set screw and Loctite

Stan Griffiths w7ni@teleport.com
Sun, 2 Aug 1998 03:33:06 -0400 (EDT)

>Stan Griffiths wrote:
>
>> I received 5 new TB3s today in a shipment from Rohn and I noticed that once
>> they had the bearing set screw in place, they hit the threads in the
>> aluminum portion of the bearing with a punch in an attempt to keep the set
>> screw in place.  This may work just fine . . .
>>
>> Stan  w7ni@teleport.com
>
> Stan,
>Thanks for the info. This should work fine. Maybe, the one you had problems
with in
>the past was missed during manufacture. I guess the word for the day is for
all who
>get one of these bearing to check it to ensure that it has been punched.
>73, Kurt

Hi Kurt,

Yes, a good idea.  I have probably sold 100 of these bearings in the past
and I don't think any of the others were punched.  I think this is a
relatively new step in the manufacturing process at Rohn.

Stan  w7n@teleport.com