[TowerTalk] cushcraft lightning arrestors

MAERTZ, A REID amaertz@oppd.com
Tue, 4 Aug 1998 10:39:03 -0500

Hi

Has anyone had any recent experience with Cushcraft lightning arrestors
with the N connectors on them (LAC-4N)?  I received two and both had the
center female pins canted approximately 25-30 degrees.  I can't believe
this is normal condition, and expect difficulty at UHF.  The pins are
solid and screwing an N male connector into them bends the male pins
abnormally off center.

I've returned them to the dealer, but am surprised QC at Cushcraft (or
whoever is making them for them) would let these out unless this won't
effect the connection electrically.  It just seems laughable to think
that it wouldn't, but I'm not sure...

73,

Reid--W0FVR