[TowerTalk] Serial Port Antenna Switching

Richard Thorne rthorne@arn.net
Wed, 05 Aug 1998 10:19:27 -0500

Hi:

I'm very close to finalizing my remote control station.  I have the rig
control lined up, amplifier, rotator control, software etc but need some
help with antenna switching.

>From all I have read, most folks use an lpt port for antenna switching.
In my particular case my only option is a serial port.  I will have two
serial ports available at the remote end, one for rotor control and the
other is open and I would like to use it for antenna switching.  Please
note I will NOT have a computer at the remote end just the rig, a modem
and a black box.

Does anyone know have a software/hardware set up to handle this?

Richard Thorne
Amarillo, TX
Amateur Radio Station: N5ZC (previous calls, KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)