[TowerTalk] Lateral Forces on Tower Base?

leeonline@mindspring.com leeonline@mindspring.com
Wed, 05 Aug 1998 22:54:46 -0500

Then a question.   Equalizer plates.  If I understand the function, as the wind
applies force against the top of the tower, the plate then rocks forward and
pulls on the bottom section.

Therefor putting more force on the middle section.

What is wrong with this picture?

I have 80 feet of Rohn 25 with 3 foot in the ground.   800 pounds of cement on
the base, 2 guys per leg with 3'' leg guy brackets.   First guy is up abount 40
feet then the next is up about 65 feet.   The guys do not have EQ brackets but
are joined together to one big turnbuckel.   The guy posts are 2'' 5 foot out
of the ground with 5 in the ground.   Filled with concret and a back guy with
3-4 bags each.

And I'm thinking about another guy on the top section, but do I need anything
else?

Thanks

Lee