[TowerTalk] coax burial depth

George Cutsogeorge w2vjn@rosenet.net
Fri, 7 Aug 1998 11:40:34 -0700

The frost line in NJ is 36 inches.  I had 100 feet of RG-17, RG-213, rotor
cable and several multiconductor #24 cables burried 12" deep.  Over the 20+
years with them in the ground there were no adverse effects.  I tested
cable loss periodically with a 2 meter radio and a Bird wattmeter.

George
w2vjn@rosenet.net