[TowerTalk] Different Vertical Installation

Bruce Goldstein wa3afs@soli.inav.net
Thu, 13 Aug 1998 17:00:38 +0000

Place the radials in any way that is convenient.  I have had to bend
radials to conform with house foundation, trees, driveways,
sidewalks, and property lines and if the antenna is a good one, you
will be happy.

I have had some of the coaxial inverted Ls within a couple of feet of
the property line which meant that basically all the radials were on
one side and those antennas were super performers.

The only verticals that I was not pleased with were those with traps;
but again, when I was using them, they were a lot better than no
antenna at all!

Good luck

73

Bruce

From:          "Beamer, Jay" <JBeamer@PanAmSat.com>
To:            "towertalk@contesting.com " <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject:       [TowerTalk] Different Vertical Installation
Date:          Thu, 13 Aug 1998 16:34:00 -0400

     Hello Everyone,

     Never played with verticals much. Looking to fit a vertical into a
     limited space and was wondering how a particular installation might
     play. Consider the diagram below. Short radials to the north and south
     and longer radials to the east and west. Would have 60 radials total
     placed in between the ones shown. Anyone tried something like this?
     Can directivity be expected to the east and west. Thanks in advance
     for comments.

                  \ | /
                  / | \

     Jay/KM6VX