[TowerTalk] Vertical Radials

Rod Greene w7zrc@micron.net
Fri, 14 Aug 1998 05:54:22 -0600

Dave, I have often wondered how a vertical would play if
mounted on top of a metal roof. Could the metal roof
panels be used for the 'ground' instead of radials? It
would seem that the roof would actually be better than
radials.  Any ideas?  I have a metal roof over my shack ..

Rod

At 10:02 PM 8/13/1998 -0500, Dave Nissen wrote:
>Hello to all..
>
>I need your help with my new vertical anntenna..

>Now to the problem.. I plan on installing the anntenna on a 30'X30' roof of
a metal building.. Does anyone have a idea as to how to make/install the
radials?? The anntenna will be mounted on a tri-pod, the roof is about 15'
high, from ground level..