[TowerTalk] Plastic Owls vs. Fried Fowl

DavisRFinc@aol.com DavisRFinc@aol.com
Sun, 16 Aug 1998 01:15:48 EDT

<< Matt--K7BG wrote:

 > At 11:07 AM 8-14-98 EDT, JLKrisel@aol.com wrote:
 > >
 >Hi Guys,
 >
 >Checked out the tower install at W6OLD and noted the plastic owl. >Anyone
haveany experience using these things? Are they effective >keeping the birds
off the hardware? >>
Hi Matt,   One industry we serve is the marine electronics market.  Just about
all of the full coverage marine suppliers sell these plastic owls.  I also use
one on my boat and it works extremely well and many others agree.   One
qualification:  salt water users utilize these to keep Sea Gulls away.  I have
found that the owl also keeps geese away too.  So, hopefully birds in general
react the same way as other species probably are more germain to your
situation.  One way to look at it is that Gulls and Geese are sizable birds,
and they don't like these owls.   Hope it works for you, sure beats having
fried fowl detuning your antenna!!!   Cheers,  Steve Davis
DAVIS RF Co., Commercial wire/cable, RF connectors, custom cable design.
Discounts to hams..........BURY-FLEX ™ low loss HF-microwave HDPE coax;
....FLEX-WEAVE™ aerial wire. Registered trademarks of Davis Associates, Inc. .
.LMR ™, Heliax™, PolyPhaser Tm, etc.  Visit our web site at  www.davisRF.com.
1-800-328-4773   (1-800-DAVIS RF)